Terms of Business.
1. Maidstone Handyman undertakes all work in compliance with the Health & Safety act 1974 and the Management of Health & Safety at Work act 1994.
2. Maidstone Handyman undertakes all work in compliance with the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
3. Where required a full and concise Risk assessment will be undertaken prior to the commencement of any work.
4. Where multiple contractors are working on the same site and Risk assessments are required, we agree to supply to third parties copies of any Risk assessment.
5. Maidstone Handyman undertakes to work within the requirements of any and all Building and Planning regulations.
6. Maidstone Handyman holds Public Liability Insurance to the value of £1’000000.00 as standard which covers our day to day works, however subject to job requirement we will arrange at our cost for additional cover to protect our client and ourselves.
7. Maidstone Handyman will only undertake work for which it is qualified and competent to undertake.
8. From time to time Maidstone Handyman may use trusted external contractors to undertake specialist works.
9. In the event that we use external contractors, we confirm they will have been vetted for quality of work and where required Criminal Record Bureau checked and hold their own public liability insurance.
10. Maidstone Handyman does not undertake any work on Gas appliances of any kind.
11. Our terms of business are by agreement, on the above and the following terms; hourly rate which is £40.00 for the first hour, additional hours are at the rate of £30.00 per hour between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm. First hours work between 6.00pm and 8.00am is £50.00 for the first hour, additional hours are at the rate of £40.00 per hour.
11a. We undertake Price work subject to agreement of supplied quote.
11b. Price work is quoted subject to no unforeseen circumstances out of or control.
11c. A day rate is strictly by agreement and is for a 8 hour day. We do not undertake work above 8 hours on a daily rate basis. Our day rate is £120.00 - £180.00 dependent on work type.
11d. Our work week is Monday to Friday at the above stated rate, Saturdays are charged at £50.00 for the first hour and £40 per hour thereafter. Sundays are strictly by prior agreement and subject to one week’s prior notice, and are charged at the rate of £60.00 for the first hour and additional hours charged at the rate of £40.00 per hour.
11e. Day rate for weekend work is strictly by written prior agreement and is charged for at an 8 hour day, at the rate of £180.00 - £200.00 dependent on work type. Sundays are charged at the rate of £250.00 for an 8 hour day.
11f. Large jobs/works are subject to a written contract of works to be signed prior to start of work by both Maidstone Handyman and the Client.
12. Our charges are for labour only; materials and equipment hired in; are charged at additional cost to customer.
13. All work is undertaken on the agreed date/s but is subject to cancellation or postponement due to circumstances outside of our control.
14. Unless previously agreed our terms of business is strictly payment on completion of work..
15. 15 day account facilities are available to all Businesses on request and subject to credit check.
16. Payment is by BACS or Cash only, payment by Cheque is by prior agreement only and will incur a surcharge of 4% of invoice value, Credit Card payment is strictly by prior agreement and will incur a surcharge of 7% of value of invoice.
17. Unpaid non account invoices over 3 working days without prior agreement are subject to interest at the rate of 9% of value of invoice total per day outstanding. (Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.)
18. Account customers are invoiced on a 15 day account.
19. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
20. Unpaid account invoices are subject to interest from the 30th day of outstanding payment at the Bank of England base rate plus 8.5% of value of invoice total per day outstanding. (Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.)
21. Unpaid account invoices are subject to a compensation charge of £40.00 for debts £0 - £999.99. £70.00 for debts £1000 - £9999.99. £100.00 for debts of £10000.00+ these charges are in addition to interest charges. (Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.)
22. We reserve the right to apply to the small claims section of the county court for non payment of all outstanding invoices over 30 days for account customers and 14 days for non account customers.
23. Once a small claims action has been submitted, payment of any outstanding invoice must include any incurred interest, compensation charge and the small claims application cost of £25.00 for debts up to £300.00. £35.00 for debts between £300.01 - £500. £60.00 for debts between £500.01 - £1000. £70.00 for debts between £1000.01 - £1500.00. court costs for debts above £1500.00 cost will be notified by post.
24. Failure to pay incurred interest, compensation and small claims court application costs will not stop any intended court action and you may be liable to further court costs.
25. If we obtain a court judgement in our favour and still fail to receive any outstanding payment, we reserve the right to seek a court appointed bailiff to seize assets to the value of any outstanding debt. Additional costs will apply.
26. All Guarantees will be honoured on all equipment supplied and installed for a period of 12 months. (2 years for all CCTV equipment & 5 years for Paxton Access) subject to fair wear and tear, damage from misuse or act of vandalism.
27. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England.
28. Particulars of business ownership; Maidstone Handyman is owned and run by David Ransford of 16, Calder Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 2QQ.